Excel Paris Matte Lip Cream -becoming a best seller makeup product online locally. Many say it is a dupe for NYX Matte Lip Creams. Is it? So I was so eager to purchase a couple for me to try it out, also, because of the price which is Php80.00. A very cheap dupe indeed, I thought. So I got two.
On the package, it states Excel, 24 hours Lip Gloss, Germany. It lasts for 24 hours and it came from Germany.
Very cute packaging.
I bought shades 510 and 505.
Comes with a flag sticker with its name in the front and a bar code behind. Also sealed for protection.
With a sponge tip for precise application just like normal lip gloss would have.
While the swatches were not completely dry, I rubbed it off and even if it is still quite damp, it is definitely almost smudge proof.
I made a couple more larger swatches and waited for it completely dry. It is absolutely matte and dry, and mind you, flakey.
I rubbed it with a tissue paper to get it off but alas, it won't. You can only see a very slight hue on the tissue paper.
Tried to wash it with plain water.
I tell you, it is really difficult to remove!
I swear I had a hard time washing it off. See the slight tint left?
Shade 510 on actual lips. It is sort of a melon-y and peachy color. Here's what I'll say, it definitely looks gorgeous here in the photo. It appears like a bright pastel. But, I don't like it ever! Why? When you look at it personally, like on live and real time, not on photos, it's like you have painted watercolor on your lips! PROMISE! You could even see the streak marks. It so like a watercolor paint on your face at daylight! It is super matte and dry! I looked like drag queen when I saw it.Something I would NOT DEFINITELY USE in broad daylight!!!
Now here, I wanted to fix that watercolor paint appearance and make it like a high end lip product so, I applied a generous amount of lip gloss over it. I used NYX lipgloss in Sorbet. The lipgloss did a great job! Now it appears much better in the photo, and on live, real situation as well. Something I would wear in BROAD DAYLIGHT.
Absolutely gorgeous in photos.
Now here is Shade 505 on lips. It's a hot pink shade. Same situation. Very dry, flakey, obvious streak marks and I tell you again, it's like a watercolor paint on your lips. MIND YOU, the smell of the product is like paint, too! It is similar to the ones we use in poster painting. PROMISE! So I started wondering, what really is the ingredient or content of this cosmetic? There is no box, packet or note where it states the contents. I started to think it might be real paint in a lip gloss bottle.
Same thing, I applied NYX lip gloss in Sorbet and it became really gorgeous. Really pretty in pictures. The color is very vibrant and beautiful.
Shade 505 with NYX lipgloss on top on full face. Gorgeous shade.
1. It is cheap. You can get it from 60-120Php.
2. Super pigmented! A little goes a long way.
3. A photogenic lip product. Super gorgeous in photos!
Leave it matte for a bright pastel look or top it off with a lip gloss for a beautiful shine. Just in photos.
4. Sleek and cute packaging.
5. Smudge proof and definitely lasts long! Though I haven't tried to put it on for 24 hours, basing from the experience, I bet it would. Hands down to that.
1. Doesn't look good in real life/personal. I swear you'll look silly wearing a bright watercolor paint on your face. REALLY BAD! I would NEVER wear it for a daily make up look!
2. I don't like the smell as well. Smells like paint, really. I am actually suspecting on it's chemical content.
3. It is so hard to remove! It lived up to its word. Lasts 24 hours. And yes! It's a pain in the ass to remove. I used dishwashing paste to take it of from my lips on the first try. Then I used an oil based formula (petroleoum jelly I used) to remove it the second time. I had to really srcub it off with a wash cloth.
CONCLUSION: Probably a regret buy. I can never wear or use this on a daily makeup because its NOT pretty! Maybe it'll just be a decoration on my table most of the time. It's super dry, bright, flaky and like I've said in a gazillion times, it's like watercolor paint on the face! Try taking a water color and paint it on the back of your hand, its how it looks like. I'll probably only use it on models during photo shoots. As its only beautiful in photos and the watercolor appearance doesn't show.
TIP from my readers: Apply lip balm or moisturizer on lips first before applying this. It will lessen the matte effect and appear wearable.
Have you tried this EXCEL Paris lip creme? Let me know your experience in the comments below.