Don't lose the blogs you follow!


A lot lately, I have been seeing many posts online saying that blogger is shutting down on July 1st and that bloggers using Blogger should import to other sites or something. I was alarmed because I myself is using Blogger. However, I have searched online and guess what I found? Read on below.


Blogger is not shutting down as many have mistakenly said. It is the Google Reader application that will soon retire. This application allows us to conveniently read and view all feed/post/updates from the blogs and sites we follow in one page instead of going to each websites separately. That means, if your reading my blog via Google Reader, by July 1st, you won't be able to.

As Google has announced from their Official Blog, they are shutting down Google Reader because its usage has declined. Below is their statement taken from their site:

3/13/2013 04:06:00 PM


Posted by Alan Green, Software Engineer



We have just announced on the Official Google Blog that we will soon retire Google Reader (the actual date is July 1, 2013). We know Reader has a devoted following who will be very sad to see it go. We’re sad too.




There are two simple reasons for this: usage of Google Reader has declined, and as a company we’re pouring all of our energy into fewer products. We think that kind of focus will make for a better user experience.




To ensure a smooth transition, we’re providing a three-month sunset period so you have sufficient time to find an alternative feed-reading solution. If you want to retain your Reader data, including subscriptions, you can do so through Google Takeout.


Thank you again for using Reader as your RSS platform."

Sad we won't be able to use Google Friend Connect to follow blogs and sites anymore. That also means we will be losing our GFC followers as well. (If I'm not mistaken.) However, we can still be updated with new posts and feeds by using alternative applications. All we have to do is import our reading subscriptions from Google reader to replacement readers. Here's a few options:


and many more. You can view the rest of the list HERE.

So to you my lovely followers, keep track and always be updated with feeds from my blog and other sites you follow through Bloglovin. To import your subscriptions, just go to this site http://www.bloglovin.com/import/reader. Then click on "Import from Google Reader". The list of blogs you follow will all be transferred to Bloglovin'. Remember, do this before July 1st before everything goes down.

For those who aren't using a reader yet are on Bloglovin' please do follow me by clicking the image below.

blogger, bloglovin', rss, feeds, follow, subscribe, google reader, website, blogs,

I hope this post has been helpful, and if you find any error from the info I have stated, just let me know in the comments section below. I do not claim to be a tech expert and I'm just sharing what I've read and learned.





Comments

Popular Posts