Split Shadows Effect

makeup artist, makeup tutorial, smokey eye makeup tutorial, brown eyeshadow, kim kardashian makeup, dramatic makeup, sexy makeup, everyday makeup, daily makeup, makeup artist, pinay beauty blogger

Do you sometimes kinda get bored with your everyday makeup look? Like you just sweep on your nude or brown eye shadow, blend then apply eyeliner? I kinda do sometimes. So I was playing around and tried some sort of a fun look wearable for daytime or nighttime. So I kinda gave my daily neutral look or smokey brown makeup with a twist and a bit of a drama and effect.

I call this eye makeup look, the Split shadow Effect. It's basically a smokey eye makeup but the eyeliner tails don't meet but intead split in parallel lines.

Firstly, I just do the usual neutral eye makeup look. I applied a
champagne shadow all over the lids. Then I contour the outer third of the lid with a warm brown eyeshadow and intensify it with a darker brown eyeshadow. I made sure the shadows on the upper lids do not reach the lower lid but rather slightly winging it up. Then doing the same thing on the bottom lids. Warm brown shadow first then a darker brown on top of it. Again, when you reach the outer corner, don't let it touch the eye shadow on the upper lid.

Next, I took a black kohl pencil and lined the upper and lower lash line including the waterlines. I smudged it a bit and flicked a wing at the tail ends. Now the fun part. I took a white eyeliner pencil and created the split between the upper and lower wings. Then applied a white shadow powder to emphasize it. For a bit of more drama, I re-lined the whole eyes with a liquid liner to intensify the shape of the eyes. And I finished everything with a pair of thick false lashes.

And that's it. If you want to give a new twist to your daily look, you can give this a try.  

makeup artist, makeup tutorial, smokey eye makeup tutorial, brown eyeshadow, kim kardashian makeup, dramatic makeup, sexy makeup, everyday makeup, daily makeup, makeup artist, pinay beauty blogger


Comments

  1. Hi there! Great post, I enjoyed reading!! BTW I've nominated you for the "Blogger Recognition Award". Being quite similar to the Liebster Award, I hope you enjoy doing it! Keep the wonderful posts comin'! =)

    http://JoshuaHideki.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts