Skip to main content

Split Shadows Effect

makeup artist, makeup tutorial, smokey eye makeup tutorial, brown eyeshadow, kim kardashian makeup, dramatic makeup, sexy makeup, everyday makeup, daily makeup, makeup artist, pinay beauty blogger

Do you sometimes kinda get bored with your everyday makeup look? Like you just sweep on your nude or brown eye shadow, blend then apply eyeliner? I kinda do sometimes. So I was playing around and tried some sort of a fun look wearable for daytime or nighttime. So I kinda gave my daily neutral look or smokey brown makeup with a twist and a bit of a drama and effect.

I call this eye makeup look, the Split shadow Effect. It's basically a smokey eye makeup but the eyeliner tails don't meet but intead split in parallel lines.

Firstly, I just do the usual neutral eye makeup look. I applied a
champagne shadow all over the lids. Then I contour the outer third of the lid with a warm brown eyeshadow and intensify it with a darker brown eyeshadow. I made sure the shadows on the upper lids do not reach the lower lid but rather slightly winging it up. Then doing the same thing on the bottom lids. Warm brown shadow first then a darker brown on top of it. Again, when you reach the outer corner, don't let it touch the eye shadow on the upper lid.

Next, I took a black kohl pencil and lined the upper and lower lash line including the waterlines. I smudged it a bit and flicked a wing at the tail ends. Now the fun part. I took a white eyeliner pencil and created the split between the upper and lower wings. Then applied a white shadow powder to emphasize it. For a bit of more drama, I re-lined the whole eyes with a liquid liner to intensify the shape of the eyes. And I finished everything with a pair of thick false lashes.

And that's it. If you want to give a new twist to your daily look, you can give this a try.  

makeup artist, makeup tutorial, smokey eye makeup tutorial, brown eyeshadow, kim kardashian makeup, dramatic makeup, sexy makeup, everyday makeup, daily makeup, makeup artist, pinay beauty blogger


Comments

  1. Hi there! Great post, I enjoyed reading!! BTW I've nominated you for the "Blogger Recognition Award". Being quite similar to the Liebster Award, I hope you enjoy doing it! Keep the wonderful posts comin'! =)

    http://JoshuaHideki.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there my dear! I just want to ask if we can follow each other on Bloglovin, GFC or Facebook?

    Please leave a comment on my blog and follow by blog!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also like my Facebook page.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick

    I will follow you back! XOXO

    Korean Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

About the author

About the author
I am Stella Jezebelle, freelance makeup artist, stylist and blogger. Join me in my journey and let's makeup, walk, eat and talk. For business matters, email me at stellajezebelle@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

USANA Sense Skin Care System Review

USANA! Sounds familiar? Usana is one of the leading business opportunities worldwide. They have a wide range of products from Health Supplements to SkinCare items. If you want to know more about USANA, check their site HERE. 
My friend and highschool batchmate is a USANA member and gave me samples of one of their skin care line product- Sense Beautiful Science. She gave them for free for me to try it out and make a review about it. Below are the set of products sample packs I received.
She gave me 3 packs of the sample sets.


Each of the sample pack contains a manual instruction insert and 5 sachets of each of the basic sets of the product line. First from the top Gentle Daily Cleanser, Hydrating Toner, Daytime Protective Emulsion, Perfecting Essence and Eye Nourisher. Each sachet contains 2ml.


A closer look.


Below are the bottle photos and descriptions I took from their site.

Gentle Daily Cleanser Step 1—Cleanse
Use this exceptional, soap-free cleanser to wash away surface dirt and impurities w…

Human Heart Nature Balancing Facial Wash and Face Toner

Skincare Talk: Human Heart Nature Balancing Facial Wash and Face Toner I believe I have mentioned before about my hunt for a good skincare set of products. I have shown you my Human Nature Skin Care Haul in a previous post and I have been using them for 2 months now. I have almost consumed all products and its now time to review them. In this post, I will be talking about the Balancing Facial Wash and the Face Toner.

Ver. 88 Bounce Up Pact Review

Makeup base is a staple and a must have basic i our makeup bag. It's so useful in hiding our blemishes and creating a flawless canvass for makeup. Ver 88 Bounce Pact is another hyped and one of the most talked about beauty product in Thailand and all over South East Asia.