I am certain every makeup artist out there finds makeup brush cleaning as the hardest part after playing/working. I personally use shampoo and dish washing soaps to deep clean my brushes. However, brush cleaners are still appropriate to do the job as they are formulated for makeup brushes. The formula is bristle friendly and will notdilute the glue in the ferrule and cause the hair bristles to shed off.
I have been given the NYX Brush Cleaner by NYX Cosmetics Cambodia. Contained in a 250 ml plastic bottle is a mild scented turquoise blue liquid.
I'm going to show you how I use it to clean my brushes.
Here's a before photo of a used stippling brush from Beauty Cosmetics.
1. Pour a generous amount of the brush cleaner in a bowl.
2. Soak the whole head of the brush.
3. Swirl and sweep as you watch the blue solution turn into brown.
4. Keep swirling and sweeping until it's clean.
5. Rinse then dry with a clean.
6. Lay brushes flat to dry.